If you’re accustomed to doing yoga, you might want to take things up a notch by doing aerial yoga. This can help you to achieve more flexibility and strength, and it teaches you to achieve deeper stretches.
But, you need to purchase a yoga trapeze to enable you to perform yoga aerial. How does a yoga trapeze work?
A yoga trapeze, sometimes called a yoga swing or hammock, is made out of silk or nylon. It gets suspended from the ceiling and supports your body while you do yoga poses.
If you’re interested in trying aerial yoga at home, here’s our guide to the best yoga trapeze to purchase. We feature five types of yoga hammocks to help you improve your performance and have more fun when practicing yoga at home.
Best Yoga Trapeze For Aerial Yoga – Reviews & Buying guide for 2022
Best Overall: YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Pro
This beautiful yoga trapeze comes in stunning purple color. It provides you with enough traction to ensure you stay safe during complex yoga poses as it’s made out of nylon.
It also provides you with more space between your back vertebrae when you hang upside-down. You can use this yoga trapeze to increase your strength, flexibility, and balance in the comfort of your own home.
While you might assume a yoga trapeze is reserved for advanced yoga enthusiasts, this isn’t the case. If you’re still a yoga beginner, you’ll appreciate that this yoga trapeze is beginner-friendly.
It comes with video tutorials as well as a yoga pose chart to help you. You’ll also receive online access to tutorials to help you along in your yoga journey.
Whether you’re a beginner or advanced yoga enthusiast, this Yogabody trapeze is easy to set up in your home.
Not only does it enable you to set it up within a few minutes, but you can choose to hang it from a variety of structures, such as a tree branch or chin-up bar, which makes it versatile.
Something you might worry about when buying a yoga trapeze is that it’s not safe. This yoga trapeze is very strong. It’s been made out of parachute material.
It’s got quad-stitched seams and steel hooks, so you won’t have to worry about it degrading or failing you, such as when you’re hanging upside down.
- Material: 100% Nylon
- Size: 9 x 7 x 4 inches
- Color: Purple
- This yoga trapeze has been safety tested to tolerate up to 600 pounds.
- It’s designed with rubber handle grips to ensure greater stability.
- It comes with adjustable straps for increased comfort during use.
- For increased convenience, this yoga trapeze comes with a carry bag so you can take it to yoga class.
- It can easily be washed in the washing machine, so it’s easy to maintain and keep in good condition.
- Although it’s said that you can use this in a doorway, that setup doesn’t give you enough space.
- Some people have reported missing pieces in the pack, such as hooks.
Runner Up: Aerial Yoga Swing Set
This yoga trapeze is durable and strong. It’s been made out of silk nylon fabric that also feels luxurious to touch, so it will be a pleasure to use.
It’s strong enough to accommodate up to 600 pounds of weight, so you won’t have to worry about it breaking under pressure.
This antigravity yoga hammock swing contains a double material layer for increased comfort. With its foam handles, you’ll find it easier to do aerial inversions in a more comfortable way without experiencing aches and strains.
This makes it ideal for beginners and advanced yoga enthusiasts alike. This yoga swing set comes with hanging hammock straps that enable you to install the trapeze in a variety of places, whether indoors or outdoors, such as tree branches, exposed beams, or ceiling mounts.
This yoga trapeze comes with an ebook that provides a guide for hanging instructions. It also contains aerial poses that you can learn, whether you’re a beginner or professional.
For increased convenience, you’ll be able to set up this trapeze within a few minutes or less. This makes it beginner-friendly.
If you want your yoga trapeze to reflect your personal style, you’ll appreciate that this one comes in a variety of beautiful colors.
- Material: Silk, Foam, Nylon
- Size: 9.76 x 4.96 x 0.98 inches
- Color: Blue, Coral, Fuchsia, Green, Purple, Sea Wave, Yellow
- This yoga trapeze comes with extension straps included. These are 50 inches long.
- It comes with two traveling bags, one for your yoga swing and the other for extension straps.
- It’s made out of premium-grade parachute material.
- The handles are designed ergonomically for increased comfort.
- This yoga trapeze comes with a wide trapeze seat that’s 98 x 59 inches.
- The nylon used to make this yoga trapeze isn’t as soft as expected, as some people have reported.
- It doesn’t come with the required hardware included.
- Some people who purchased this yoga trapeze have reported the material color fades.
Alternative: UpCircleSeven Swing Set
This UpCircleSeven yoga swing is a professional trapeze. It boasts yoga studio-quality construction while being beautiful. It’s not just gorgeous and practical, but also focused on your health.
It’s been designed specifically for spinal decompression to relieve your back pain and help you achieve backbends with greater safety and comfort when you’re practicing yoga at home.
This yoga trapeze has been designed from high-quality, durable nylon fabric to ensure that it doesn’t tear or break after lots of use.
What you’ll love about this yoga trapeze is that it’s designed with 25 percent larger and thicker foam handles for increased comfort.
The seat of the trapeze has been triple-stitched so that you will always gain comfort when using it. This will also give you greater peace of mind that you’re safe and secure when hanging in the air.
You won’t have to spend a lot of time setting up this yoga trapeze in your home or garden. It comes with two multi-loop daisy chains included. They can handle up to 550 pounds of weight to keep you safe.
- Material: Nylon
- Size: 9.7 x 7.3 x 4.2 inches
- Color: Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Turquoise, Purple, Grey/Turquoise
- This yoga trapeze has a spacious swing seat that’s 8×5 feet.
- You can hang it up from a variety of places, such as ceiling mounts, gym equipment, or a swing set.
- It comes with a travel stowaway pouch that’s made out of the same colorful material as the yoga trapeze.
- It comes with ceiling mount accessories. These include ceiling mounts and screws so you can install the trapeze in concrete or wood.
- It’s easy to adjust the height of this yoga trapeze for increased comfort.
- Some people have reported that the ropes which tie the carabiners to the swing fray over time.
- Others have reported that their delivery had missing parts in it.
- This yoga trapeze lacks instructions for installation and use.
Alternative: Ovyuzhen Aerial Yoga Swing Set
This quality yoga trapeze is brightly colored and has a mild shimmer to make it look beautiful in your home or yoga studio. It’s made out of strong parachute fabric, nylon, to give you the durability you want.
It’s been designed with a wider swing seat so that you gain increased stability during use. This also makes it more comfortable to use. The fasteners included with this yoga swing are strong and adjustable.
It also comes with two multi-loop climber strength daisy chains. This can handle weights up to 200 pounds per hanging strap, which will make you feel better about being safe and secure when using it.
This yoga swing set has been triple-stitched for increased durability. Its inner tube is constructed out of ABS material so it’s strong.
You can hang it in a variety of places, whether indoors or outdoors, such as in a doorway or on an exposed beam. It can therefore fit into your lifestyle easily.
If you’re worried about the color of this yoga hammock fading, the manufacturer states that its fabrics don’t fade over time. This will ensure your yoga trapeze always looks good.
However, product care instructions include keeping the yoga trapeze out of the harsh sun, so bear that in mind when installing it.
- Material: Nylon
- Size: 12.05 x 9.69 x 4.96 inches
- Color: Black, Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, and Green
- This yoga trapeze comes with a travel case to store it when it’s not in use.
- This yoga trapeze is made out of a strong inner tube made out of ABS material for increased strength.
- It comes with an instruction manual so you can set it up easily.
- The handles of this yoga swing set are made out of EVA material so that they don’t fragment.
- The foam-padded handles of the yoga trapeze are ergonomic.
- If the material bunches up underneath you, it can feel painful.
- Some people didn’t receive straps with their orders.
- This yoga hammock doesn’t come with the hooks you require during installation.
Alternative: MelkTemn Flying Yoga Swing
This yoga trapeze is made out of high-density nylon to keep it durable and safe to use. It’s a silky fabric that stretches freely, so it won’t restrict your movements during advanced yoga poses.
When you feel secure and comfortable, as you will when using this MelkTemn yoga trapeze, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of aerial yoga. This includes how you can successfully relieve various muscles of the body, such as your neck and back.
This trapeze also helps you to relieve fatigue and anxiety, so it’s ideal for keeping in the home. It comes with daisy chain extensions so you can easily and quickly change the height of the swing.
This is especially useful if the yoga trapeze in your home is used by more than one person as you’ll all be able to have the most comfortable use of it when required.
This yoga trapeze is easy to install as it comes with the hardware you need to set it up, as well as a manual to help you so you can start using it within minutes.
- Material: Nylon
- Size: 9.45 x 8.9 x 4.65 inches
- Color: Black, Blue, Dark Blue/Light Blue, Red, Purple
- This yoga trapeze is made out of an anti-static material that dries quickly, so it’s easy to maintain and clean.
- It can tolerate up to 600 pounds of pressure, so you’ll feel secure when using it.
- It comes with a storage bag for increased portability and to keep it safe when not in use.
- It has a foam-padded handle so it will feel comfortable to use, especially during difficult yoga poses.
- The yoga trapeze handles are easily adjustable, thanks to their sliding plastic pieces.
- Some people who purchased this yoga trapeze have reported that its fabric is thinner than those of other trapezes on the market.
- The screws that are included in this trapeze are only suitable for installing the trapeze in concrete. If you wish to hang it from wood, you’ll require additional hardware.
Yoga Trapeze FAQ
After reading our yoga trapeze reviews, you now know what the best ones are to buy based on their pros and cons.
If you still have some questions about yoga trapezes, read on to learn more about them and how to use them for the best results.
Do I need to be flexible to be able to do aerial yoga?
Aerial yoga is fun to do and it can help you to enhance your flexibility, but you might wonder if you can do aerial yoga if you currently lack flexibility. Trying aerial yoga when you don’t have experience with it can be dangerous, which is why it’s best to attend an aerial yoga class.
A certified instructor will be able to work with you to help you gain experience, strength, and flexibility so that using a yoga trapeze is easier and more comfortable.
You’ll also learn the best way to hang and install your yoga hammock so that you can use it safely.
If you’re already experienced when it comes to practicing yoga on the floor, you’ll be pleased to know that you’ll do the same poses with a trapeze, so you have a bit of a head-start than complete beginners!
This could make you feel like you’ll be able to get started with aerial yoga without requiring a lot of instruction. Using a trapeze can help to make some yoga poses easier because you’ll gain the support you need.
However, there will always be other poses that could be challenging to master. This is a good thing! It means that you can progress further in your yoga journey.
Is there an age limit associated with using a yoga trapeze?
If you’re using a yoga trapeze to do aerial yoga, it’s good to know that this type of yoga can be performed by people of all ages. Even seniors can do it!
That said, if you have certain health conditions, such as heart disease, very high or low blood pressure, or glaucoma, you should avoid aerial yoga.
These are just a few health conditions that should make you consult with your doctor before going ahead and purchasing a yoga trapeze or attending an aerial yoga class.
So, it’s always good practice to consult with your doctor if you have any health condition or are on medication just to be safe.
How to hang yoga trapeze
As we’ve seen in our reviews of the best yoga trapeze products on the market, you can hang your trapeze in a variety of areas of the home, such as from a ceiling or in a doorway.
The instructions for installing the trapeze will vary depending on where you decide to hang it, but here are the steps to follow when you want to hang a yoga trapeze from a wooden beam.
- Place the ceiling hooks about 27.5 inches from each other. Be sure to press them firmly into the wood so that they will remain in place. Use a pencil to mark the points where you are going to fit the screws.
- Use a power drill to make pilot holes so that the wood screws can be installed.
- Use a wrench to screw the plate to the ceiling. Use two bolts for each plate to ensure that they’re strong enough.
If you’re hanging the yoga trapeze from concrete, you’ll have to follow some of the same steps that you followed when installing it in wood, such as that position in the ceiling hooks about 27.5 inches away from each other, and marking where the screws will go.
- Use a power drill to drill pilot holes in the concrete for your bolts.
- Slide your bolts into the holes. Make sure you tighten and expand them.
- Use a wrench to screw the plate to the ceiling. Use two bolts for each plate.
Some installation instructions can vary from one type of yoga trapeze to another, so always read the instructions that come with your specific yoga hammock.
How high should yoga trapeze be?
It’s important to set up your yoga trapeze correctly so that it has enough height for you to do the poses comfortably. When setting up a yoga trapeze at home, you have to ensure that you hang it up to around seven to 12 feet.
The important thing that you have to bear in mind when setting up your yoga trapeze is that you’ll have to experiment a bit with the height so that you can see what feels most comfortable for you.
You can easily adjust your yoga trapeze with its hooks – simply move them up or down in the straps so you get the best height.
When testing out your yoga trapeze, make sure that its swing hangs above your glutes, so it should be about six inches from the curve of your hip. This will ensure that you can comfortably sit on the yoga swing.
When you try doing a full inversion with your yoga trapeze, your head should not come into contact with the floor, so make sure that there are at least 3.9 inches of space between your head and the floor to prevent injuries and accidents.
If you want to get started with aerial yoga, you’ll be pleased to know that anyone can do it and you don’t need a lot of skill to get started. You will, however, need to purchase a yoga trapeze or hammock.
In this article, we’ve featured five of the best yoga trapezes on the market, featuring their pros and cons so you can choose the best one for your needs and lifestyle.
Some yoga trapezes also come with extra accessories to make them easier to use, such as extension straps.
We’ve also looked at some essential information you should know about yoga trapezes, such as how to hang them to ensure you get the best height for increased safety and comfort, as well as how much flexibility you require to be able to do aerial yoga.